Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Downy Woodpecker

A few days ago, I shared with you that we had a Downy Woodpecker eating the suet. He came back again yesterday. My camera isn't as good as my sisters was with the other pictures but at least I got one of him. It could be the same guy who was drumming on a wooden house that is hooked to our blue spruce tree this spring. He was around in the early hours (5:30-6:30 a.m.) drumming away and then sometimes in the evening. It went on for probably a month or more. Don't know if he ever found the love of his life or not.

The squirrels were eating at the back feeder today getting the seed up off the ground where a bunch fell as my hubby was filling the feeder. Sparky, our little "dog-son" was very happy as he had his friends to play with. It's really funny to watch as they tease each other. The little 8 pound guy can't figure out why he can't scurry up the trees like the squirrels do.

No comments:

Post a Comment