Friday, November 21, 2008

Is it Friday already?

Just sitting here with my coffee, thinking and remembering. OOOPS, that can be frightening, (laughing).

Friday... how does it roll around so quickly? It seems it comes faster than it did when we had kids at home, faster than the years of working and now retirement the weeks fly by. Makes me realize that in the seasons of life, time flies. I appreciate so many things more as I get older.

Things like:

The time I get to spend each day with hubby and how our lives have become one over the years.

The time we get to spend with our kids and their families. They are all so busy that we don't see them often but treasure the moments we do see them. The times we get to see our grandchildren as they have spread their own wings going every which way. How proud we are of our family, they are so very dear to us.

The fact that I still get to hug my mom and get hugs back. I'm able to share with her and she shares with me. You see, my Mom is 97 and "still with it". I'm so proud of her and how she has spent her "winter" years. She reads, plays games on the computer (is a scrabble whiz), and has a smile that reaches anyone she comes into contact with. How blessed I am.

The friends we have, a life time of friends. I can't even begin to count on both hands the number of friends we've had since we were kids and they are still in our lives. Oh we are so lucky to have so many. My first friend, Janet, is still a close friend. We were so little when our parents started visiting and getting to know each other. Her family is still like part of my family as we did so many things together as families and as kids. My friend, June, who I met in first grade on the first day is still a close friend. How many things we've shared, good and bad. How we have always been there for each other. We still get together with them often. And the list goes on and on and on.

I'm still making new friends... in person, at church, via e-mails and more. Friends are truly some of the richest gems through life.

I could go on and on this morning but my coffeepot is empty and so is my cup. I need to "get into gear" and start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment