Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Giving

I just wrapped 3 gifts for Santa to give to 3 someone's at Somerset Retirement along with one for my Mom. They have a wonderful Christmas party each year for residents. It doesn't take much to make someone happy who does not have family at the holidays. Giving is fun at Christmas time. Our church always finds a Christmas Family to help out each year... to help make their Christmas brighter. We also give to Salvation Army for needy kids. Always feel a little better after dropping money into the kettles seen at stores at Christmas. All coins/paper add up to bigger amounts. Then there are the food drives.

I can't give to them all so I've picked which ones I'll donate to. I can't imagine Christmas without a good dinner. I know there is so much more that I could do to put joy into someone else's Christmas...I'm thinking.

A smile, a "Merry Christmas", a hug all are free gifts to give. They are unlimited ...I'll make it a point to show my Christmas spirit to all I come into contact with this season.

2 comments: