Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Shopping Done

Yep, all done, plus 2 of the 5 December birthdays. Who was the hardest to buy for? Hubby, of course. No list ( well, 2 little things) but sneaky me figured out more. I sack, don't wrap. Don't send Christmas cards anymore... e-mail must do except for a very few.

Nope, not baking this year, quit that last year... less stress, less work and much healthier for all.

Now this all sounds a little negative but it isn't at all. I love Christmas... the decorations (much less each year), the lights (have a few outside) the smells (spray can on fake tree giggle).

I love the times with family and friends. Love the special lunches and dinners out. Love the Advent season at Church and the Christmas Carol's. Love rehearing the Saviors birth. Love the lights on the lake, the ones on residential streets. Such fun to see them at night along with all the other decorations so many have these days.

No little ones anymore...youngest grandchild is Cody who is 13 now. Our little ones are our oldest granddaughter's and they are in Norfolk VA - Navy. He is soon on his way home to Norfolk after a six month "out to sea" in the nuclear sub he works in. Then in March they will head for 3 years of duty in Hawaii. Those poor kids.

We also won't see our next oldest granddaughter and her other half. They live in Southern California and she will be working hard as she prepares for department manager in her store.

The other six grandchildren will be around, thank goodness. But we know they will spread their wings, too, and off they will go.

I'm really lucky as all 3 kids are close to home.... isn't happening that way with the grand kids. But we are so proud of them as they go their separate ways.

My sister lives in Utah, my brother in Cathlamet, my hubby's 2 brothers live here but another one in southern California.

And another gift of another year with Mom. She is 97 1/2, oh how blessed we all are. She is a jewel and the whole family is darned proud of her.

How lucky we are to have family. What a gift God gave us in family.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, off I go to play computer games. No list running through my head tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Glad someone got their shopping done early. My daughter looks forward to going out shopping with me on the last day before Christmas, my tradition. I told her I might get done before then and she threw a fit. But this is a wonderful time of year. Have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete