Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Day's pass way too fast...

Here it is almost Friday and I wrote the last time on Monday. Where oh where does time go? The older I get, I swear the faster it goes.

We are having long time friends to dinner on Friday. June and I became friends way back in 1st grade, 1st day. Oh my, so many years ago. We remained friends through school, when our kids were young we lived next door to each other and for the past years they've lived near Portland.

My other long term friend grew up with me. I was about 4 when I met her, she lived down the road from us and our parents became good friends. She's like a sister and a dear friend. She lives in Arizona.

My other friend I'm going to mention I found as a pen pal in a Girl Scout magazine. She lives in England and I started writing her when I was 11... going on 59 years ago. We talk on the phone now and then, send Christmas cards and oh I wish she had a computer but they don't.

I love long term friends. Well, I love short term friends too and all those in the middle. I feel I have been blessed with so many great friendships that have enriched my life and time here on earth. I pray I keep finding new friends as I walk this path (perhaps a little slower) in my sunset years. For those who read this, "Thank you for being my friend"

2 comments:

  1. hi....your such a sweet heart...I see you got a feedjit too. Kind of fun to see where people are looking at our blogs from huh? Enjoy your friends! Katie is off to snow camp this weekend and I picked out 2 steaks from the clearance bin tonight for the weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooo cool to have friends like that for so long. I don't have any friends from my childhood. :(

    ReplyDelete