Monday, January 26, 2009

When Times are Hard......

When times are hard it is easy to get into a negative frame of mind, called pity party. Why me? It might be illness, finances, world happenings, fear or whatever.

When the pity party begins, grab a large piece of paper and a pen and start listing your blessings. For instance...

Illness: (blessings) friends, doctor's care, family who love me, puppy kisses or kitty snuggles, etc etc Ask the question, "What can I do to make my life better in spite of illness?

Finances: (blessings) a home, food, water, a bed, warm blankets, medicine and many more things. Ask the question, "What can I do to make my money last longer? What changes can I make that saves money. How have I wasted my money? Am I sticking to a budget or just spending until it is gone?

World happenings: (Blessings) A president who is bring us hope, military who keep us safe, etc. What can I do? Pray for all concerned, tell service men/women or ex service men/women "Thank you" when you see them, adopt a military family left behind by their mother or father to keep us safe. Think out of the box.

I think by now you see what I'm trying to say.... Our blessings way out weigh our problems. Concentrate on your blessings today, I sure will be doing so, too.

I have my paper and pen ready, do you?

2 comments:

  1. Boy, this explains your ability to always lift people up. Thanks for being there and being an example. We all can use a little more of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading an idea like this last night, only they asked you write pities on one side blessings on the other, then read them both rip up the pities and throw them away and then concentrate only on your blessings. Liking your new blog I bet you'll have a lot of followers on it.

    ReplyDelete