Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twas the day before Thanksgiving....

.....and I'm sitting here doing nothing. Our daughter has invited us to her house on Thanksgiving Day and insists I bring nothing. It feels funny not to be cooking but, again, it feels good. For many years I cooked and then our kids got married and the sharing began. I'm glad we can share gracefully and allow kids to do what is comfortable for their families. We spend Christmas morning at our oldest son's home. All 3 kids are their with their families (this used to be around 18 of us) and now fewer as the grand kids have sprouted their wings elsewhere in the USA. We have Sunday dinners off and on with youngest son's family and our daughter-in-laws family. My Mom has gotten where she just doesn't want to leave her home (apartment in a retirement center) and we miss her at most of the family functions.

Memories of my Thanksgiving's so many years ago at home with my parents and siblings have faded a little but it was always a joyous time with huge meals, (Mom always cooked enough for extra's).

I'm so thankful for family and friends. Wishing all who read this a wonderful Thanksgiving with all the yummy foods you look forward to devouring and plenty of leftovers to munch on later.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you....Enjoy your day too!

    I've got the groceries stashed at my sisters..we spend a couple days there while they are gone and always have a family over and prepare a feast...I have a book, a new magazine, and all of my beads packed and ready to go! Soon as those leftovers are in the fridge..I'm vegging out for about 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete